Tuesday, March 29, 2011

For the love of morphine

I seriously thought I was dying.  Dying.  My insides were being pulled out by through throat and my head was about to explode.  But I am tough, right?  I am the warrior who endured three C-sections, not even needing pain killers after leaving the hospital.  I was reduced to a sobbing big old cry baby begging for any type of drug that would make the pain go away......

It started on Sunday.  I woke up not feeling great, but having the day planned out, I wanted to keep to my schedule.  Breakfast, cleaning, lunch, baths, girls to the Children's Museum, dinner, then teaching.  Well, we made it to the Children's Museum, and then I crashed.  I could feel the flu coming on.  Didn't surprise me, Lilli had a small flu bug on Friday and she just wanted me to hold her.  Every breath she breathed on me, I knew the little germies where partying their way from her body to mine.  Monday morning Jim took the kids to school and I was left to be miserable without having anyone to take care of.  Then the vomiting started.  Gross, I know.  And the WORST pain EVER imaginable.  EVER.  Around 11:30 I called Jim to tell him to get his butt in the car and come get me to a doctor.  An IV, a dose of morphine, a dose of zofran, and a dose of dilaudid later and I could finally breath.  The doctor's first thoughts of a blockage were unfounded, and I was released to my bed and another day of relaxation.  I have managed to keep down 4 pieces of toast and a lot of ginger ale.  Both my work and personal e-mail are overflowing, and I don't really care.  I have about 5 episodes of old school Grey's Anatomy to watch, and a lot of time planned with my pillow....

Here's to a better tomorrow.....

No comments: