Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What song do you obsess over?

I love music.  It speaks where I cannot.  It explains what I cannot put into words.  I tend to obsess over songs.  I will hear it somewhere (usually Grey's or Glee), pay for the download, and then listen over and over and over until Jim rolls his eyes.  (OCD much?)

Last week it was Adele's version of Make You Feel My Love.  I am almost positive that I heard this on Parenthood and it instantly filled me with emotion.  $1.09 later, it's mine, and iTunes tells me I played it 13 times that first night.  Good times, good times.

My next song is below: 



I am listening to the Barbara Streisand version, because, well, it's Barbara.  I heart it.  A lot.  And I have never experienced heart ache like the song talks about, but it just pulls at you a little. 

What song do you obsess over? 

2 comments:

TheITDad said...

Currently its: Nickleback - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-TvAqv43p4

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

Valley Winter Song by Fountains of Wayne. It's the song from the LL Bean Christmas commercial the year Grace was born, and it was on all the time. Something about it made me extra-emotional at a time when I was EXTREMELY emotional already. now I try not to listen to it too often, because it reminds me SO much of when she was born and I want to keep it that way. I've been listening to it a lot lately, but that is okay because then it will just remind me of BOTH girls being born;)