Friday, April 8, 2011

...just put it in the microwave

Have you ever had one of those conversations with a friend where you look at them afterwards and say, "I don't even know where to put you in my brain right now."  Yup, had one yesterday.

Allison and I were driving to get a cake for our boss' last day of work, and we saw a sign that said USED BOOK SALE, Grayslake Library. Here's the conversation

Alli:  I am so going there this weekend if I remember.  I know some people don't like used books, or used children's books, out you just put them in the microwave.
Me: (stares at her with that "Whatchu talkin' about Willis" face.)
A: You know, you but them in the microwave...(pause)...to kill the bugs.
(INSERT SILENCE)
A: (in a slightly panicking-trying-to-recover-voice) You know, book bugs.
Me:  There is no place in my head for you today.


And then she sent this to me today.   I stand corrected.

http://realbook.com/news/bedbugs-books

2 comments:

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

Wow. I read in bed all the time AND have a stack of books next to my bed. I do not have bedbugs, but I SO COULD. Good thing I'm too lazy to go to the library.

Indigo Rush said...

Oh my goodness. I'm never reading again. Seriously.