Thursday, April 14, 2011

Can someone turn off the alarm?

I love Austin.  He is at that fun-it's-all-about-Mommy stage.  He runs up and throws his little arms around my leg when I get home from work and then tells me where to sit so we can play together.  He is learning new words everyday, and I swear he is going to be a musician.  You put some music on and that little 20-month-old-diapered booty shakes it like it's nobodies business.

However....he cannot tell time, and this is becoming an issue.  My Tuesday wake-up call was at 1:00AM, but after about 30 minutes of rocking he layed back down again.  Wednesday was at 4:30AM; today, 5:18AM.  So, we are moving in the right direction, but HOLY COW!  Momma does not like to get up before 6:40 unless the house is on fire.  And, for those who are saying "Just keep him up later", yeah, that doesn't work.  I had every intention of keeping him awake yesterday until at least 7PM, but the kid woke up at 4:30 that morning...so I barely kept him up until 6PM.  Tonight, since I am working until 8, I have made my husband promise to keep him awake on penalty of...well...penalty of something.

Calgon, take me away!

1 comment:

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

ooooh. he's pulling a Grace. NOT COOL. Imagine that 4:30 wake up call every day for a year. well, no, occasionally she slept until 5. what finally cured it was eliminating her morning nap, but it wouldn't have worked when she started it, since she was about six months old. the only other advice I ever found was Weissbluth, who said to put them to bed earlier, and I was like, "B!tch, I can't PUT her to bed any earlier than 6pm. THAT'S all you've got?!"

I am *praying* Katie doesn't pull the same crap her sister did, because I am not sure I can survive that bs with two kids who will surely have different nap schedules.